First, my phone got uncomfortably hot in my pocket. Next day, when I plugged in the USB cable charger, it started making the charging tone repeatedly (wouldn't stop) and the charging symbol displayed on gray screen (revolving star, not green battery). Had to take the battery out to get it to stop, tried rebooting, but kept doing that every time I plugged in the cable. Then it got where I had to apply pressure down on the USB cable in the port to get it to do anything (same symbol flashing). Now it does nothing. I've ruled out that there is nothing in the USB port (like lint). Going to try replacing the cable, then battery. I'm afraid it might be the port itself. Any ideas?