Samsung Captivate: How to Hard Reset
Wondering how to hard reset your Samsung Captivate phone? Try this to reset the phone to factory default settings and clear all the data off the phone.
1. Turn the power off. Pull the battery out and replace it if the Power button doesn’t work.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons.
3. Release the Power button while continuing the hold Volume Down until a menu appears prompting you to select Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock.
4. Select Clear Storage using the Volume Down button.
5. Press the release Power button.
6. Select Volume Up for Yes.
The Samsung Captivate will then complete the hard reset process.