GB is still pretty buggy. I'd wait a while more. There really is no functional difference between Gingerbread and Froyo, at least not on our phone. Most of the optimizations in Gingerbread isn't for the hardware on our phone.
While there is some instability and kinks to be worked out still it all depends on how your using your rom.. Using continuum 70% of my time as my main gb rom the other 30% was testing the other roms. I Find it to be just as stable as most of the froyo roms i have used in the past.. I have been using continuum as my gb rom since the first release came out and ive had almost zero issues except for running into the known bug once in a while or a bad flash on my part coming from another rom i was trying..